The One And Only Birkenstock Sandals
If you had to choose only one pair of summer shoes for the rest of your life – let’s face it… You would never choose heels. And the first thing that comes to mind is this nice and very comfortable pair of Birkenstock sandals! If you disagree – just tell us, what pair of shoes deserves to be the one and only.
Meanwhile, we’d like to tell you more about Birkenstock. Could you imagine, that the history of the brand begins in 1774?
At Birkenstock, tradition and heritage are important hallmarks of a brand that dates back not years or even decades, but centuries. Birkenstock is deeply rooted in the fine art of crafting premium quality shoes that are good for you. Since 1774, Birkenstock has passed this commitment down from one generation to the next. The result is the absolute best in quality, comfort and support.
Tradition since 1774
- 1774 - Johann Adam Birkenstock is listed as "subject and cobbler" in the church archives of Langen-Bergheim, Germany.
- 1896 - Master cobbler Konrad Birkenstock begins manufacturing and selling flexible footbed insoles.
- 1902 Konrad Birkenstock develops the first contoured arch support.
- 1925 The “blue footbed” is among the products manufactured at a newly-opened facility in Friedberg, Germany.
- 1932 Carl Birkenstock launches the Birkenstock training courses and the “Carl Birkenstock System” is endorsed by leading physicians and podiatrists.
- 1964 Karl Birkenstock launches the Madrid model, the first fitness sandal with a deep and flexible footbed.
- 1966 Birkenstock is introduced into the U.S. market.
- 1988 Environmentally-friendly adhesives are used in production – setting a new standard for environmental awareness worldwide.
- 1990 Production is expanded and modernized to reduce energy consumption by over 90%.
- 2009 A new and bigger footbed production facility becomes operational in Gorlitz, Germany.
- 2016 Birkenstock celebrates 50 years in the U.S.
What is so special?
Nothing compares to a Birkenstock footbed. Step in and experience for yourself the unrivaled comfort and support.
1 - MORE TOE ROOM
Allows toes to move naturally, which promotes better balance and correct foot alignment
2 - RAISED TOE BAR
Encourages natural gripping motion of your feet
3 - CONTOURED FOOTBED
Four arches ensure even weight distribution and proper posture
4 - DEEP HEEL CUP
Cradles the heel and keeps natural cushioning right under the heel bone
5 - SHOCK ABSORBING SOLE
Flexible, durable and lightweight
6 - JUTE FIBERS
Two layers – one wicks away moisture, the other adds strength
7 - CORK FOOTBED
Firm, resilient cork/latex base for maximum support
8 - FOOTBED LINER
Soft suede keeps your feet comfortable and dry
There are different views on beauty itself and the beauty of Birkenshtock shoes in particular. However, you can hardly deny, that trying on these sandals was the best thing ever happened to your feet.
Ethical Shopping: H...
As the rainy season starts, we remember about wellies or rain boots, because it’s very important to stay warm, dry and happy. We want our planet to...Read More
Flannelette: Old St...
Soft as a teddy-bear, light, sustainable and safe for babies. Flannelette: what is it? A fabric that even our parents would describe as "retro" or ...Read More
OEKO-TEX vs GOTS: W...
When you filled with self love, you make better choices. Sounds kind of selfish, but think about it in ethical shopping terms… You deserve to know ...Read More