If you are captured by an accelerating flow of life, by ‘harder, faster, stronger’ motto - one day you’ll have to slow down. And this day will be the best! #slowliving is an important hashtag for our project, because this is where we started.
Slow Living means structuring your life around meaning and fulfillment. It emphasizes a less-is-more approach, focusing on the quality of your life. The central tenet of the slow philosophy is taking the time to do things properly, and thereby enjoy them more. Slow Living addresses the desire to lead a more balanced life and to pursue a more holistic sense of well-being in the fullest sense of the word.
In addition to the personal advantages, there are potential environmental benefits as well. When we slow down, we often use fewer resources and produce less waste, both of which have a lighter impact on the earth.
WHY GO SLOW?
A better question might be: Why on Earth are we trying to go so fast? There’s no need to move at a snail’s pace, but slowing down enough to move through your day with purpose helps calm frazzled nerves, make more personal connections and, paradoxically, allow you to feel you have more time than when you’re rushing around.
SIMPLE STEPS TO SLOW LIVING
1. Recognize that slowing down is a choice open to us all. If this is a busy time in your life, it may be tempting to think that you don’t have time to slow down... but there are always ways to go a bit slower, no matter how much is on your plate. You can start small!
2. One way to embrace slowness is to modify or even do away with a traditional commute. Could you ride a bike or scooter - or walk - to work instead of driving? Take public transportation instead of a car, or ask your boss about telecommuting one or more days each week?
3. Turn an everyday routine into a ritual. We all have certain things we do daily: make tea or coffee, prepare meals, wash the dishes, make the bed. Choose one of these simple routines and use it as a cue to slow down and be mindful. Making coffee or tea can become a relaxing touchstone in the day when you focus on measuring carefully, pouring slowly and inhaling the aroma before each sip. Even if the rest of your day is incredibly busy, doing this one thing slowly will have a ripple effect, creating a bit more peace and stillness in your day.
4. Forget for sometime about checking email, updating social media or shopping online. It’s amazing how much of our time these activities can take up if we let them! It’s easy to think we don’t have time to pursue our interests, but often the reality is that we’re simply choosing to spend our free time on other things. Try choosing one day a week that will be your “screen-free evening” and use it to pursue a passion instead. If you’ve always wanted to learn to knit or play an instrument or dreamed of writing a novel, devoting one evening a week to that is a solid place to begin.
5. As spiritual leader and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh points out in his book Planting Seeds, it’s actually quite difficult to be lazy. “Not doing anything, just enjoying ourselves and whatever is around us, is a very deep practice, because we all have an energy within us that constantly pushes us to do this or that. We cannot sit or lie still and enjoy ourselves or enjoy the beautiful sky. If we aren’t doing something, we can’t stand it.”
Take this to heart the next time you find yourself feeling a little bored, and choose not to rush off into a new activity. Instead, pay closer attention to what you’re feeling, the color of the sky, the light and the people around you.
6. If ever there was a time to slow down, it’s the holidays. Counteract the bombardment of messages to rush, rush, rush and buy, buy, buy by choosing to slow down and simplify. Instead of spending money on a fancy floral centerpiece, why not snip some sprigs of herbs from your windowsill to adorn the table? Or make a small, heartfelt gift instead of going shopping? Of course, sometimes making a purchase online is the simplest thing, and far less stressful than pushing your way through a crowded shopping mall - so perhaps you can opt for that, and use the time you save to sip hot cocoa by twinkle light.
The source: https://www.entrepreneur.com/
Pottery Of Boleslaw...
Such a simple thing as a mug can set a tone for your day…😍 Our choice and our greatest love is hand-made pottery from Boleslawiec, Poland. Let's fi...Read More
If you are captured by an accelerating flow of life, by ‘harder, faster, stronger’ motto - one day you’ll have to slow down. And this day will be t...Read More
How To Be Comfortab...
There’s no such thing as bad weather. Autumn is a really pleasant time if you have the right raincoat, isn’t it? You just need to know several tech...Read More