Muslin (crepe): What Is It? How Great Is It For Babies?
A baby's smile is a bit of sunlight wrapped in your arms... And muslin is one of the best fabrics to wrap your sunshine up. Why is it so? Read below!
WHAT IS A MUSLIN?
A muslin is a finely-woven, breathable and lightweight cotton fabric.
It differs from other lightweight cotton fabrics due to it's lighter and looser weave, and it usually has a lower thread count overall, with fewer warp threads and increased spacing between them.
HOW IS IT MADE?
To make muslin, the cotton yarn had to be spun to be as fine as possible. That’s where the humidity helped. Once the yarn was fine enough, it was handwoven using looms. It’s rumored that the handwoven muslin was so fine at up to 500-count that “six yards could pass through a ring.”
WHY MUSLIN BLANKETS ARE THE BEST
- muslins are one of the purest, simplest, most gentle fabrics you can buy
- cotton is a natural hypoallergenic material which doesn't rub harshly against baby's soft skin
- the open weave and lightweight muslin fabric gives great airflow and using a muslin swaddle blanket massively reduces the risk of a baby overheating
- breathability of muslin helps keep your baby comfortable and safe, and gives total peace of mind
- muslin cloth and muslin fabric has a unique ability to withstand countless washes — and best of all, it gets even softer with every wash
- muslin blanket is a perfect gift for a mom: it’s useful, beautiful and gets better with age!
11 PRACTICAL WAYS TO USE MUSLIN BABY BLANKET
1. Tummy-time blanket
2. Nursing cover
3. Wiping little faces
4. Creating a baby bib around their neck
5. Lining a cot
7. Security blanket
8. Covering a car seat while they sleep
9. Roll them up for stability in a stroller or car seat
10. Stroller cover
11. Change mat / changing table cover
‘LOVE YOU TO THE MOON’ are our perfectly soft double-sided blankets made of natural high-quality cotton in a unique technique.
Size: 90 x 120 cm
Colors: pink, blue
A Bun That Unites A...
A sweet bun that unites all the Baltic Sea States! 🇸🇪 semla 🇫🇮 fastlagsbulle 🇪🇪 vastlakukkel 🇳🇴 🇩🇰 fastelavnsbolle 🇮🇸 bolla 🇫🇴 Føstulávintsbolli It...Read More
Røros Tweed: 100% N...
Mood of the day: snuggle under a soft warm blanket drinking hot chocolate☕️. However, it is essential to choose this very blanket once and keep it ...Read More
Hug Me More: Blanke...
'HUG ME MORE' collection reminds us about the important things that unite us – the warmth and care about each other❤️ You can actually be hugged in...Read More